This is going to be a bit different from my “usual” blog posts.
It seems like the past few weeks — the past few months, really — have been tough on a lot of us (or perhaps all of us!). Are you feeling it? I know I am!
And I know my fellow writers are too.
I’ve collected a few of the recent posts I’ve found by some of my favorite bloggers on dealing with burnout/stress/depression/exhaustion. I found them helpful these past few weeks and it’s my hope that you will too.
- “Sometimes You Need to Go into Energy-Saver Mode” by Kelly Gurnett of Cordelia Calls It Quits.
- “Why Writers Self-destruct and 5 Ways To Thrive Instead!” by Bryan Hutchinson of Positive Writer.
- “There Are No Accidents” by Monique Muro of A Novel Quest.
- “Entrepreneur Health: Hustling Your Way to the Top (Instead of Grinding Yourself Into the Ground)” by Ashley Gainer for Career Meh.
- “10 Ways to Handle Burnout” by Tom Ewer for Bidsketch.
- “Feeling Burned Out With Your Business? Do These 3 Things” by Carrie Smith for Bidsketch.
- “How to Avoid Side Hustle Burnout” by Dana Sitar for Entrepreneur.
- “4 Reasons Why Freelance Writers Need to Take a Break” by Laura Spencer of Writing Thoughts.
- “7 Steps to Continue Writing During a Personal Crisis” by me of this blog you’re reading right now.
With two exceptions, all of those posts were written within the past few weeks! Yikes!
Take it easy on yourselves. If you need to take a break: Take a break!
Anyway, I hope you find those articles as useful as I have.
LittleZotz Writing will return to its regularly-scheduled programming now.